The grounds on which the Catholic Spirituality Centre (CSC) currently sits on at 1261 Upper Serangoon Road first housed the St Francis Xavier (SFX) Minor Seminary, which was established in 1925. Those training for the priesthood would spend the first four years of their formation here before proceeding to the Penang College General for advanced training. In 1983, the late Archbishop Gregory Yong established the St Francis Xavier Major Seminary, which operated out of the premises of the Minor Seminary, until it was officially opened on 17th Ponggol Avenue in January 1988.
On 1 September 1997, the building was renamed St Francis Xavier Retreat Centre to reflect a new mission of conducting conversion retreats under the leadership and pastorate of Fr Vincent Lee, supported by the Mary Queen of Conversion Intercessory Group (MQC).
In July 2004, Fr Vincent Lee, the Spiritual Director of SFX Retreat Centre, was granted permission by then Archbishop Nicholas Chia, to leave for Kenya to do missionary work. Following his departure, a steering committee was set up to discuss and propose a new direction for the Centre.
These meetings culminated in the formation and birth of the Catholic Spirituality Centre (CSC), whose main focus was to promote an on-going holistic Catholic spirituality, especially for the laity and Church organizations, with a view to conversion and evangelisation through its programmes such as retreats, formation talks and intercessory prayers.
On 15 September 2004, on the Feast of our Lady of Sorrows, the centre was renamed Catholic Spirituality Centre and entrusted to Fr. William Goh, who became its Spiritual Director until his episcopal ordination as the Archbishop of Singapore on 22 February 2013.