PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION STATEMENT
Catholic Spirituality Centre (“CSC”), takes our responsibilities under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”) seriously. We recognize the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
This Data Protection Policy is designed to give you an understanding of how we collect, use and/or disclose the personal data you have provided to us, as well as to assist you in making an informed decision before providing us with any of your personal data.
INTRODUCTION TO THE PDPA
“Personal Data” is defined under the PDPA to mean data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organization has or is likely to have access. Common examples of personal data could include names, the last alphabet and three digit of the identification numbers, contact information, photographs and video images taken during events or retreats organised by CSC.
Personal Data collected through the CSC website, hardcopy or softcopy forms (e.g. registration forms, application forms) and other channels will be handled in accordance with the PDPA.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION, USE & DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Depending on your relationship with us (e.g. as an applicant, donor, or other person related to our Centre), the personal data which we collected from you may be used and/or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Programme and retreat registration and management;
- Meet reporting request from sponsoring churches/organisation or individual donor;
- Event organisation and management;
- Fundraising and donation drive;
- Donor/supporter management;
- Service intermediation (banking);
- Queries and requests handling;
- Meet regulatory, internal governance and audit requirements;
- Publicity and communication; and
- Purposes which are reasonably related to the above.
If you provide us with any personal data relating to a third party, by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
We will take appropriate measures to keep your personal data accurate, complete and updated.
We will also take reasonable efforts to take appropriate precautions and preventive measures to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured.
Appropriate security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your personal data. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorized use of your personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
We will also take reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal data in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or management purposes. This Data Protection Policy applies only to CSC website. Our website may contain links to other independently-managed websites whose data protection and privacy practices may be different from ours. You are encouraged to examine the privacy policies of those websites.
UPDATES ON DATA PROTECTION POLICY
- As part of our efforts to ensure that we properly manage, protect and process the Public’s personal data, we will review the policies, procedures and processes from time to time.
- We reserve the right to amend the terms set forth under this Data Protection Policy at our absolute discretion. All amended Data Protection Policy will be posted on our website.
- The Public is encouraged to visit our website from time to time to ensure that they are well informed of our latest policies in relation to personal data protection.